To enhance our sport provision we have teamed up with the Youth Sports Trust (YST) together with 40 primary schools across Hertfordshire on the YST’s ‘Developing Well’ Pilot Programme. This will involve an Olympic athlete visiting school and delivering the programme to our current Y4 children in collaboration with staff covering a variety of aspects of wellbeing and physical activity.
The North East Herts School Sports Partnership aims to work together with and to support schools and school staff in the delivery of high quality Physical Education and School Sport for all young people.
This will be achieved by:
- supporting schools in planning their vision for Physical Education and School Sport and its impact on and contribution to the whole school
- promoting participation of all young people in high quality Physical Education and School Sport
- providing training and support for schools in the planning and delivery of a rich and varied programme of PE and School Sport
- offering a varied programme of events, competitions and festivals to include all young people
- supporting the liaison between schools and community clubs and the transition of young people into these organisations.
Sports Premium Mission Statement
Our vision is to inspire all pupils to lead confident, healthy, active lives and enjoy a high quality sports curriculum.
Our Sport/PE Programme is under review. A new curriculum is coming soon.
Key Stage 1
In accordance with the National Curriculum and within the above sports programme we will apply the basic skills of running, jumping, throwing and catching. We will develop the skills of balance, agility, body co-ordination, spatial awareness and hand to eye co-ordination. We will learn to apply the basic skills of gameplay in respect of simple tactics for attacking and defending. We will learn to understand the concepts of teamwork, respect and sportsmanship.
Key Stage 2
In accordance with the National Curriculum and within the above sports programme we will learn to develop amd apply the basic skills of running, jumping, throwing and catching both in combination and in isolation. We will develop the skills of balance, control, strength, agility, flexibility, spatial awareness and hand to eye co-ordination. We will learn to apply correctly the basic skills of competitive gameplay, tactics and techniques for attacking and defending. We will learn to master the concepts of teamwork, achievement, respect and sportsmanship. Year 4 will be introduced to the basic concepts of leadership.
As a school we will aim to take part in inter-school competitive events in Tag Rugby, Netball, Rounders, Football, Cross Country, Tennis, Tri Golf, Athletics and Speedstacking.
|Layston School enjoys close partnerships with other Rib Valley schools and sporting organisations.