Please post any poems you have created on this page for your classmates to read. Just click on ‘Leave a comment’ below. Don’t forget to enter your name so we know who the author is!
Remember, there are lots of different poems you could try.
You might want to write a:
- rhyming poem
- shape poem (set out in the shape of the subject)
- kennings poem: www.youngwriters.co.uk/types-kennings
- haiku (3 lines in total in a 5-7-5 syllable structure)
- list poem (e.g. 10 Things Found in a Wizard’s Pocket by Ian McMillan)
- acrostic poem (first letter of each line spells a word)
- limerick: www.youngwriters.co.uk/types-limerick
You can find some examples here: www.storyit.com/Classics/JustPoems/classicpoems.htm