The first school on our present site was the National School for Boys which opened in 1845 by the National Society for the Education of the Poor, in the Principles of the Established Church. At that time, the National School for Girls was in Buntingford High Street, but in 1879, the Adams’ Memorial School for Girls & Infants was built adjacent to the Boys’ School. The present ‘three tier’ education system was started in the Buntingford area by Hertfordshire County Council in 1969.

Thanks to Mr P Plumb for providing these photographs.